The Edinburgh Playhouse offers many facilities for people with disabilities and will endeavour to meet individual needs. Please call 0131 524 3301 or email email@example.com for assistance or to enquire about ticket availability (Monday – Friday 10am – 6pm).
Level access to the theatre
This is through the Main Entrance to the Circle Level. The Circle Level is the venue’s easy access point and it is recommended that patrons with limited mobility book seats in the Circle. The Stalls are located down 40 stairs from street level and the Balcony level is located up 25 stairs from street level. Please note that the Edinburgh Playhouse does not have a lift.
Wheelchair user positions & Storage
The Edinburgh Playhouse has up to 8 wheelchair spaces per performance located in Row M of the Circle. If you are able to transfer from your wheelchair then it is recommended that you sit in the rear Circle, although please note that there is at least one step involved. The only level seating is with the wheelchair positions. Wheelchairs can be stored in the Circle Bar during the performance if you are transferring to a seat. There is an accessible toilet at circle level.
Information for those with a hearing impairment
- There is a Sennheiser infrared system for the hearing impaired. To obtain a headset please contact a duty manager on arrival.
Information for those with a visual impairment
- Guide dogs are welcome – please tell the theatre when booking
For assistance or to book tickets please call 0131 524 3301.
Please note that it is advisable to book for these performances well in advance as tickets are subject to availability.
- There will be captioned performances at 7.30pm on Tuesday 19 November 2013 and 7.30pm on Thursday 16 January 2014.
- There will be audio described performances at 2.30pm on Wednesday 13 November 2013 and 7.30pm on Thursday 12 December 2013.
- There will be sign-interpreted performances at 7.30pm on Thursday 7 November 2013 and 7.30pm on Tuesday 7 January 2014.
To make your access reservations please call 0131 524 3301.
THE LION KING will present a dedicated Autism-Friendly Performance during its Edinburgh engagement at 1.30pm on Sunday 24 November. This specially adapted performance will be suitable for people with autism, with trained staff on hand in dedicated quiet and activity areas should anyone need to leave their seats. Following a successful programme in the Broadway and now West End productions, the aim is to create a friendly and supportive environment to enjoy this award-winning musical.
Please click here for more information.